Wednesday 29 March 2017

Dealing With Grey Hair - Part 1

So I'm of an age now where grey hair is an issue. 
I have tried changing the colour - making it lighter so I don't see the grey (didn't really like the highlighted look on me), dyeing the hair every month darker (which I love but hey it's annoying and expensive), all to try and hide the grey patch that keeps appearing at my hairline. 

So I had an idea, why not embrace the grey!! 
So I decided I would beach the strip of hair that is grey - and then colour it grey so when it grows out you don't notice it. Well that was the plan anyway!

So I got some bleach and here we go! 

Bleach session 1 - 
Popped on the bleach to the bit I wanted to bleach then turn grey-
and put on the attractive plastic cap! 

 

As I had so much dark brown/black dye on it I had it on for a while...
Washed it out and here is what happened....

The roots - where there was my natural colour - went quite blondie - the rest was quite orange. 
This was down to the old dark dye in the hair. Oh well!

Looks kinda cool  - but a little 90's chav though - looks like fire. 

Not really what I wanted so next week I will have to start bleach session 2 which will hopefully lift out the rest of the colour and start to turn the hair white so I can use a silver/grey toner on it to colour it. 
This week I will get the hair ready for bleach session 2 by applying coconut oil to it to keep it conditioned - I don't want it breaking into bits later.

The black and white photo above is how I want it to look... 

Until then...Wish me luck!!
Lou 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment