Sunday 26 March 2017

EASY Slimming World Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese




Serves 4.  Only 3.5 Syns a portion - Freezer Friendly.

I Love this recipe!
I found it while i was looking for some low Syn Slimming world cooking.
I found it on Pintrest - I cant remember where but I believe it was an adaption from a Nigella recipe. Anyway its well yummy - super comforting and great with BBQ foods, as a side dish or with some sausages and salad as a main meal. I also like it on its own for a sneaky lunch at work. Lush!
Lou x

Ingredients - 
500g Sweet potato (peeled and cut into cubes)
300g dried macaroni
2 tbsp cornflour
500ml skimmed milk
1 tub quark
160g reduced fat cheddar cheese (grated)
1/4 tsp paprika (if you like)
Salt and pepper

Step by Step - 
Cut your sweet Potato into chunks
Boil up the potato
Smash up the cooked potato
Cook your pasta in the potato water
Add Quark and 100g to cheese to the smashed potato
Mix well
Add milk and cornflour to a pan and boil.
Mix well and season
Add milk mixture to potato mixture
Mix and add to a casserole dish
Add 60g of cheese to the top.
Season with salt and pepper
Cook in the oven until brown
Serve!

*Don't forget you can portion this up and freeze it for later.

Check out my other Slimming World recipes on our YouTube channel +Lou and Aaron
Follow me on Twitter @louloubellarell 
Follow me on Facebook @AaronandLou





No comments:

Post a Comment